Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fr Wee is Moving

Dear Parishioners,

Last Monday (April 4th), I met with Archbishop Lucas who asked me if I would like to become the pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Hooper and St. Lawrence Parish in Scribner, with possible additional teaching duties at Archbishop Bergan High School.

I said “yes” with mixed feelings. On one hand, I was humbled that Archbishop Lucas has confidence in me to be a pastor. On the other hand, I knew that it would mean leaving a wonderful community that I have come to love dearly. And as you are my family, I would like to be the one to let you know first.

As you know, in 2009, our city of Papillion was named number three in a national ranking, but as far as I am concerned, you, the parishioners, are Number One! It has been a wonderful four years here in your midst.

The usual Associate Pastor assignment is three years long. I am blessed that I was given an extra year here to be with you. I will not be leaving St. Columbkille until the third week of June.

When I mentioned to my dog, Cosmas, that we will be moving soon, I told him that Fr. Vitalis, who I will be replacing in Hooper, will be taking his 10 goats with him. Cosmas was disappointed that he would not have the chance to be the sheep dog (or rather, should I say, goat dog).

I look forward to making the most of my remaining time here.

God bless,
Fr. Wee

3 comments:

  1. St. Columbkille's loss is St. Rose's gain... You will be greatly missed, Fr. Wee! We have been so blessed to have you in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have touched many lives both at St. Roberts and here at St. Columbkille. You have changed many of these lives forever! You are such a great inspiration to people on both the spiritual and personal level. Our loss is truly teir gain. Please continue to inspire both young and old alike! We will miss you. Please keep in touch, and lways remember you are always welcome at St. Columbkille! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the three years that we worked together at the school. You will be missed their annual parish auction and dinner!!! God bless you always and know our love and BUT not lost, many of us know where St. Rose of Lima parish is located - and know about prayers are with you as you start the next leg of your journey spreading God's Word.
    Chris Overkamp

    ReplyDelete

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.