Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

This final weekend in May our country pauses to remember those who died in defense of our country. The gift of life in service to others is one of the most profound human acts. I recently watched the series on HBO about the action in the Pacific theater during World War Two. I was moved by the series and it helped me to visualize the events my uncles would talk about concerning their experience during World War Two. I invite you to spend time in silence and prayer this weekend to thank those who gave their lives in service to our country.

-- Fr. Damian

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.