Friday, June 4, 2010

Ordination Tomorrow

A Priesthood Ordination will take place tomorrow at St. Cecilia's Cathedral at 10 a.m. with a reception to follow. Rev. Mr. John Michael Voithofer, Intercessors of the Lamb, will be ordained a priest. Below is some information from the Vocations page where he talks about his call:

Praise be to Jesus and Mary! Hello, my name is John Michael Voithofer. I am a member of the Intercessors of the Lamb. Lift up your eyes to Heaven and see Abba smiling on you! We are all called to know and experience what it means to be a beloved child of Abba!

I was blessed to grow up in a wonderful Catholic family in the small, beautiful town of Carmichaels, Pennsylvania. It was there in my parish family that I began to experience the movement of the Holy Spirit. I went through my elementary and high school years of school as an altar server and I clearly recall the joy and peace that I received on those Sundays with my family. I remember the great peace that our Blessed Mother brought into my life through the family rosary. All of these moments of grace are important parts of my journey to the priesthood of Jesus Christ.

When did I know God was calling me to be a priest? Well, after high school I went off to study Architectural Engineering at Penn State University and it was during my time at college that I personally encountered Jesus Christ. This life changing encounter was brought about as I opened myself to the Lord through Eucharistic Adoration, devotion to our Lady, the sacrament of reconciliation and a charismatic prayer group that I attended. As I began to experience deeper outpouring of the Holy Spirit, I had a great desire to give my life in service to the Lord as a priest. This desire grew and after college I headed off to seminary for the diocese of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I spent two years of pre-theology in Pittsburgh and two years of theology at the North American College in Rome. It was during my time in Rome that I discovered my call to be an Intercessor of the Lamb. In Rome, I found my home! Home is where the heart is. As I received God's love more and more I discovered my calling more and more!

I continued to explore the charism of the Intercessors of the Lamb and I found my heart more and more alive! As I received the call to be a member of the Intercessors of the Lamb, I became more and more free and my desire to be a priest was strengthened! Let Abba love you through the sacraments and His Word will rise up and lead you from deep within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.