Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shannon & FOCUS

At the beginning of January, parishioner Shannon Zucher moved to Chicago to serve the students at the University of Illinois—Chicago. As a FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students) missionary, she is serving in FOCUS’s second year at UIC.

She sent us the following pictures & comments:

My new team at UIC from left to right. Genevieve, also from Nebraska. Mark is from Minnesota. Matt is from Peoria, Illinois. Joy was at UIC last semester and was married in December. She moved to her now husband’s campus to continue her work as a missionary. I am the last one on the right. Genevieve, Mark, and Matt have all served on UIC’s campus for a year and a half! They have really welcomed me and are teaching me a lot about how to be a better missionary.

A group of students from UIC at FOCUS National Conference. Bernadette is in yellow and is one of my disciples. I just asked her to start this mentor relationship 3 weeks ago!

This is me with my small group from a Koinonia retreat put on by the students at the UIC John Paul II Newman Center. This was a very powerful retreat and I was very excited to get to know all the students really well!

Shannon has these prayer requests:
· For the students at UIC. That they would be open to the gospel message.
· For my team at UIC
· That I would trust more completely in the Lord and allow His will to be done.
· For the sanctity of family life and marriage.
· For the girls in my bible study at UIC, and for my disciples Cathy and Bernadette.
· For an end to abortion.
I pray for you and your intentions daily, please email me specific intentions that you would like me to pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.