Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shannon's News

We are delighted that one of our parishioners, Shannon Zurcher, is a FOCUS (Fellowship Of Catholic University Students) missionary. Her task is to disciple people who will, in turn, disciple others. The picture above is Shannon with her disciple Jenne and Jenne's disciple Sam at their Christmas Sweater Party. Jenne was recently hired as a FOCUS missionary for next year. Sam has started RCIA and will be received into the Church at Easter!

This is from Shannon's newsletter:

This first semester as a missionary has been a beautiful blessing from our Lord. I have been humbled to watch Jesus win over the hearts of the girls I have formed friendships with. I have grown in the trust I have for our Lord, because He always proves Himself faithful to me in every situation, and shows the power of His word through the missionaries, students, and priests I am blessed to serve with.

In this trust I have the great privilege of being sent to a new campus next semester! At the beginning of January I will be moving to Chicago to serve the students at the University of Illinois—Chicago. I will be serving there with 3 other missionaries in FOCUS’s second year at UIC. With that being said I will no longer be a UNO Maverick, but a UIC Flame! I know the Lord will continue to show me his power as I work to bring the gospel to the students in Chicago. Please continue to keep me and those I will be with in your prayers.

Thank you Shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.