Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Great Adventure



Jeff Cavins has developed a study of scripture based on the idea that you can get a better picture of the whole Bible by studying just 13 books. People from St. Columbkille who participated have said:

* Mass comes alive for me – I can put the scripture passages into perspective
* There is a greater realization that my actions ripple through all God’s
people
* I have a better appreciation of why it is so important for me to
remain faithful to God
* The bible comes alive for me because I can see the
timeline of the events and where the books fit into the big picture
* It is amazing how intricately the Old and New Testament are intertwined
* I have a much better understanding of God’s plan for us
* The psalms come alive for me now --- I understand where they fit in bible history
* I am excited about continuing and doing the other scripture studies in this series
* This study has tied together world history with bible history
* I want to learn more of the “tidbits” of information that make all the difference in the depth of each word or action and its relevance of the whole picture
* I now have a much better realization of how dearly God loves us
* Seeing how the prophesies of the Old Testament are in fulfilled in Jesus was a quite a revelation for me


Watch for some new groups forming this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.