Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The North Wind

Sr. Delores Dolezal OSB did the Sacramental Preperation and taught second grade at St. Columbkille Catholic School from 1980 to 1987. Evidently the same wind hitting us has been blowing in Kansas where she now lives. Today she wrote us:

The North wind is blowing. We used to sing a song: "The North Wind Doth Blow and We Shall Have Snow." We do need snow. Farmers told me winter wheat does best with a covering of snow all winter long. I love snow. That reminds me, our deceased Sister Clementia, who taught at St. Columbkille, told me that she and the children (I bet they were boarders), would use sleds and slide down the hill in front of school. Every time I had playground duty at St. Columbkille, I'd look down that long hill and smile wide remembering Sister Clementia and the children sleigh riding down the hill. I wish I could have been there with her and the children.

We're working out the finals details, but Sr. Delores and two other Sisters will be visiting us as part of Catholic Schools Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.