Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Q & A with our Associate Pastor Elect


Rev. Mr. Vogel will be ordained a priest on Saturday, June 4th at 10:00 a.m. in the Cathedral. Effective June 23rd, he will be our Associate Pastor. He was recently kind enough to answer a few questions as we anticipate his arrival.

Do you know much about St. Columbkille parish?
Not very much yet. Only from what Fr. Zuerlein told me and from some of the things mentioned on the website. I read through the history of the parish found there. I am also reading about our patron St. Columbkille. [The parish] looks to be very active in so many ways. I am excited to meet people and become a part of their lives in the parish.

Are there certain things you hope to do or ministries you’d like to be involved with?
Teaching the beautiful truth of our Catholic faith and helping others to experience Christ working in their daily lives to bring them peace and freedom is an important part of being a spiritual father. There looks to be many ways in which I can to do this from being in the school to adult education. Of course my involvement in any specific aspect will be to aid Fr. Zuerlein in guiding the parish.

Now that your ordination to the priesthood is in sight, what emotions are you going through?
In one aspect, it is hard to believe that I am finished with school and will be ordained a priest. For any calling from God, one can always see reasons why one may not be ready, but that makes us dependent upon our relationship with God for the grace we need to do his will. While I have learned much already, I know that I still have more to learn so that I can better give my whole self for the good of others. I ask for the prayers of the people of the parish - and you are in mine as well - that together we may grow ever more in the image of Jesus Christ. St. Columbkille, pray for us.

Are you done with your studies or do you have more left?
I have completed my seminary studies, having graduated from Kenrick-Glennon Seminary on May 13.

Thank you for giving us a quick sense of you. We look forward to welcoming you here in one month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.