Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Valentines in Afghanistan

Many of our parishioners are involved with the military.
Many know what it is like to be deployed overseas.

The the students at Sacred Heart Preschool sent valentines and candy to one of our parishioners, Mike Rowe, who is currently in Afghanistan.

He was kind enough to send back these pictures ...

... and this note:

Sacred Heart Children and Teachers,

I wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to think of me on Valentine's Day. I totally enjoyed all of your Valentines and had fun reading the backs of all of them too.

I read them all and they were all very nice Valentines.
Thank you all very much for making them and thank you to all who helped with the project--lots of work I know, but it made my February!

Thanks again and may God continue to bless all you children and teachers at Sacred Heart Preschool. Oh yeah, I enjoyed the candy too and gained 5 pounds! I hope the pictures come through okay.

Love,
Mr. Rowe
Mr Rowe -- know that you
and all those serving are in our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While anyone can comment, a screening process is in place to prevent comments such as spams or obscenities. The best way to make certain your comment gets posted is to include your name.